This recipe has only 7 ingredients
is simple to make and does not need cream to make it creamy! What makes it creamy and delicious? …those yummy carrots from the Farmers Market. You just puree them. A handheld immersion blender is great for this… but a blender will do, even an old fashioned food mill.
- Ginger adds a lovely freshness and plays well with the carrots’ sweetness.
- Onion and garlic give it depth of flavor.
- Extra-virgin olive oil adds richness.
- Apple cider vinegar or orange juice makes it bright & tangy.
- And veggie broth lets the blender blades spin and ties the soup together.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add a touch or maple syrup for sweetness if you’d like! (You can make your own broth from the scraps you would normally dispose: paper-skins, peels and pieces of onion, fennel, carrots, radishes, turnips, leeks, etc.… just simmer for about 15 minutes, strain and it’s ready to use or store in the refrigerator for a week…) I don’t peel my carrots, too many nutrients are lost.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds for added protein and little crunch.