Save the Date
March 6-8, 2023
Every day, farmers work at the front lines of the climate crisis.
While the past year has seen significant investments to incentivize climate-friendly agriculture, necessary on-the-ground change requires further policy transformation.
The next Farm Bill needs to explicitly empower farmers to address climate change, by providing resources, assistance, and incentives that will allow them to lead the way in implementing proven climate solutions.
The Rally for Resilience will bring together farmers and farm organizations from all over the country with a united request for their members of Congress–make climate change policy a priority in the 2023 Farm Bill!
Are you a farmer? A farm organization? You are our priority in organizing this event!
Here are some of the key details.
- Farmer-Led Climate Solutions
- Racial Justice in the Farm Bill
- Communities, not Corporations
Structure of the Event
A three-day event the week of March 6 with a series of components led by different partner organizations. Timing and schedule are tentative and may change.
- 4:00 pm Welcome and opening
- 5:00 pm Reception and sign-making
- Demonstration of climate-friendly farming practices begins – spans all 3 days
- 11:00 am Rally / concert
- 1:00 pm March
- 4:00 pm Lobby day training / skillshare
- 9:00 am Press event focused on farmers’ stories
- 10:00 am Lobby day on Capitol Hill
- 4:00 pm Closing
Current lead organizational partners
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Rural Coalition
- Land Assistance Fund
- HEAL Food Alliance
- Farm Aid
- National Young Farmers Coalition
- Food Animal Concerns Trust
- Rural Advancement Foundation International USA
- Ohio Ecological Food and Farming Association
- Land Stewardship Project
- Pasa Sustainable Agriculture
- Kiss the Ground
- Family Farm Defenders
- American Agricultural Movement
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- American Sustainable Business Network
- Certified Naturally Grown
- Organic Seed Alliance
- Women, Food and Agriculture Network
Would your organization like to bring a delegation of farmers to the rally? Apply here for travel funding. (Note: this application is only for funding for organizations bringing delegations of farmers. Individual farmers will receive travel support via organizational partners.)
Support the Rally
To ensure significant farmer turn-out in DC to influence Congress, we must raise funds to provide travel and lodging stipends, as well as to cover operational and logistical expenses for this historic event.
For sponsorship information, contact Laura Zaks at email@example.com