During the Organic Honey Bee Colony Management workshop, participants will be engaged in hands-on learning through classroom and field experiences. We will get up close and personal with parasitic mites, cultural and chemical control methods, measuring mite resistance traits, and implementing these things into an organic colony management system.
- Those wanting to learn about organic colony management
- Participants of the Organic Honey Bee Colony Management Series
- Varroa mite anatomy, life cycle, and impacts
- Cultural controls for varroa mites and why they work
- Using organic-approved chemicals for pest and parasite control
- Possible mite resistance mechanisms and how they are measured
Space is limited – preregistration is recommended! $70