A sales channel is the way in which a food operation goes to market, either through direct or indirect routes, to sell its product. Food operations often choose more than one way, but each route offers its own opportunities and challenges. During Scaling Up Your Food Business: Channel Considerations, we will overview some of the popular channels available to small food operations – online direct-to-consumer, food service sales, specialty markets sales, retail sales, and business-to-business. We will also overview some of the online portals that can help in this process.
Fri., Nov. 18, 2022
(1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET)
Who is this for?
- Restaurants wanting to distribute products beyond their own retail operation
- Warehouses trying to process foods for their food service customers
- Small home processors looking to expand beyond the farmers’ market channel
What will you learn?
- Factors to consider in sales channel selection
- Development of a multi-channel strategy
- Understanding when third parties can enhance the sales strategy
- Awareness of online portals to facilitate sales
This event is being offered at no charge to participants.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.