Learn about conservation funding opportunities for your farm and meet Pennsylvania’s new Farm Service Agency (FSA) Director, Heidi Secord.
The USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) is a gateway to many Farm Bill programs such as Conservation Reserve Program, Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), and Conservation Stewardship Program. They also assist farmers with accessing funding through loan and relief payment programs. FSA leaders have the ability to set program and funding priorities at the state level, promote new programs, reach new and underserved farmers, and make the sign-up process work better.
Join us for a virtual lunchtime conversation with Pennsylvania’s new FSA Director, Heidi Secord—who is a farmer herself. She’ll share her vision for how the agency can better serve farmers in the Commonwealth. Members of her staff will talk about FSA services and new projects that are in the works. They want to hear from you about the challenges faced by Pennsylvania farmers and how FSA can help.
In addition to her new role, Heidi owns and operates Josie Porter Farm, a 48-acre vegetable farm in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. The farm has a mission to connect people to the earth through agriculture, education, and community. She has also previously served on Pasa’s board and as president of the Pennsylvania Farmers Union.
This is your chance to learn about and share your thoughts with the leader of an agency designed to serve you.
- Heidi Secord, FSA State Executive Director – Pennsylvania
- Keith Beattie, Ag Program Specialist -Farm Storage Facility Loan Program (FSFL), Marketing Assistance Loans (MAL)
- Trystan Corliss, Ag Program Specialist – Eligibility, Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP), Organic and Transitional Education and Certification Program (OTECP), Organic Certification Cost Share Program (OCCSP)
- Johanna Davis, Ag Program Specialist – Conservation
- Lauren Feldman, Farm Loan Specialist
- Sara Nicholas, Pasa Policy Strategist
- Registration closes one hour prior to the event.
- Recordings will be provided to registrants within one to two weeks of the live event.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 814.349.9856.