Looking for a year-round local recipe? Missing the fresh taste of Summer? Try this! Pesto is traditionally made with basil, olive oil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Many...
Fall Greens and Apple Salad
- 2 sweet apples, such as Honey Crisp or Keepsake, thinly sliced, do not peel
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced, fronds trimmed – mandolin works well
- 1/2 head escarole, washed, dried and hand shredded
- 1/2 head endive, washed, dried and hand shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded or julienned
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw, local honey
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the veggies in a salad bowl. Combine honey, olive oil and apple cider vinegar and add to veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.