Compost tea is a perfect tool to use in your garden, with just two simple ingredients, you can add nutrients to your plants naturally.
Compost tea is a fancy phrase for mixing compost and water. The solution that results can be directly applied to your garden plants, including veggies, annual flowers, and shrubs and trees to give them a boost of nutrients. Compost tea is loaded with bioavailable nutrients that the plants can easily absorb.
Compost tea is a great alternative to store bought fertilizers.
Instructions to make compost tea (it is so EASY!)
- Full a 5 gallon bucket ⅓ of the way with manure compost
- Full the remainder of the bucket with water (do not use chlorinated water)
- Let it sit for 5 days – stir a few times each day
- Strain your mixture: add the water to your plants and put the solids back in your compost pile
- Add to your plants once every few weeks.
Storage of compost tea: we have read conflicting advice, some websites say to use within a few days others say to store out of direct sunlight for up to a month! It’s up to you but will be surprised if it lasts long 😉