Community connection is key here at Bucks County Foodshed Alliance. In 2023, we aim to host a number of community events to connect you to your farmers and food. A sneak peak of our plans for 2023:
Workshop Programs Return!
This year we are bringing back our workshops! Topics include (subject to change):
- March 1: Bone Broth – learn how to make rich, delicious bone broth with bones from our local farms. Speaker: Chef Casey Kasinski of the Helpful Foodie
- April 5: Growing Berries – bush fruits, cane fruits and others. Speaker Adam Dusen of Hundred Fruit Farm at Newtown Municipal Building, register here!
- May 3: Cutting Costs in Your Garden at Penn State Extension at Middletown Grange, register here!
- September 13: Nutrition – why 100% pasture raised is better for you and our planet. Speaker: Shari Rossman, BCFA Director
- November 1: Fermentation — Any suggestions, what do you to ferment? Let us know, email us at email@example.com
Earth Day Film Screening at the Newtown Theatre – April 22
Summer Farm Tours – June 7, July 5, and August 2
Know your farmer, know your food! Our beloved potluck and farm tours will return this summer. Join us at three Bucks County farms for a farm tour led by the farmer.
- June 7 at Shady Fox Farm (Solebury/Doylestown)
- July 5 at Milk House Farm (Lower Makefield/Newtown)
- August 2 First Fruits Farm (Pipersville)
Food Gardens Tour – July 23
New for 2023, we are coordinating a Food Gardens Tour on July 23. Be inspired by your fellow vegetable gardeners and homesteaders! We are currently looking for gardens to feature, if you are interested, please reach out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers Forum & Fest (farmers and growers only)
We celebrate our local farmers. This year we are planning wonderful events to thank our farmers and help them exchange information. This year’s farmers forum (hosted in February) topic is “Soils Digging Deeper.” In the fall, we will plan the Foodshed Fest, an evening for our farmers to connect and relax together and celebrate another wonderful year.
Farmers Markets – Saturdays
Doylestown Farmers Market and Wrightstown Farmers Market will of course operate again in 2023! Outdoor markets will resume Saturdays April through November!