Russian Roasted Potatoes with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs red or yellow potatoes (non-baking) cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp + a little more extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Lb mix of farmers’ market mushrooms (cremini, maitake, shiitake, oyster)
- 6 garlic cloves garlic, skins on
- 4 large shallots
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary – dried will work if fresh not available
- 1 sprig fresh thyme – dried will work if fresh not available
- Salt & pepper to taste
Toss potatoes and olive oil and spread on a 2 x 9 x 13” roasting pan and roast uncovered in a 450º oven for 20 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, shallots and herbs and roast another 20 minutes or until everything is golden brown. Toss in a serving bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
More posts like this one …
Looking for a year-round local recipe? Missing the fresh taste of Summer? Try this! Pesto is traditionally made with basil, olive oil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Many...