The first of the season, summer squash is always a treat! Try out this simple, but delicious recipe utilizing summer squash. This recipe serves four people.
Sautéed Yellow Squash with Basil & Pine Nuts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups torn basil leaves
- 3 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise thin
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the garlic, pine nuts and red pepper. Sauté for 1 minute and add the squash. Toss and sauté over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Add the basil, toss, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Local Foodie Tips
- Local butter can be found at the Doylestown Food Market from Fulper Family Farmstead, or at Wrightstown Farmers Market
- Olive Oil can be purchased from local vendor, Mediterranean Delicacy at the Doylestown Farmers Market, or from Mediterra at the Wrightstown Farmers Market
- It is summer squash season! Find it locally from the produce vendors at Doylestown Farmers Market and Wrightstown Farmers Market, or at Farm Stands. You’ll also be able to find local basil and garlic!
*Please note: this is not a comprehensive list of all the local sources in Bucks County where you can find these items. For more information on local farms and providers of local food in Bucks County, click here.
More posts like this one …
In case you missed it... Watch BCFA Cooking Live! Harissa Carrots here...