Don’t buy Food From Strangers!
Know your farmer, know your food…as part of our mission to connect, educate and collaborate, every summer BCFA holds farm tours so you can get to know your farmers and growers. Since 2007 we have visited dozens of local farms!
We meet at the farm at 6pm for a delicious potluck and then the informative walking tour led by the farmer(s) begins at 7pm.
2023 FARMS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!
While the tour is FREE, donations to offset the cost of BCFA’s programs are greatly appreciated. The evening’s potluck meal runs from 6:00-7:00pm, followed by the farm tour. Participants are asked to:
- bring a dish to share (local foods encouraged!)
- bring their own set of eating equipment (like utensils and plates)
- provide their own beverages
- bring seating (chair or picnic blanket)
- carry out their own trash
This educational and entertaining event is appropriate for children of all ages who are under an adult’s supervision. Please wear appropriate footwear for the farm. Feel free to join us for the tour only.
Some of our past tours:
- 2022- Rolling Harvest Food Rescue at Gravity Hill Farm (vegetable farm grown for charity), recap
- 2022- Myerov Family farm (CSA), recap
- 2022- Bluestem Botanicals (herbs and value added products), recap
- Blooming Glen Farm (produce)
- Trauger’s Farm (family farm & market)
- Tussock Sedge Farm (grass-fed beef & pasture-raised pork)
- Solebury Orchards (fruit)
- Snipes Farm and Education Center (produce/livestock/education)
- Castle Valley Mill (grain)
- Manoff Market Gardens
- Promised Land Natural Farm (small-scale intensive)
- Anchor Run CSA