Bucks County Foodshed Alliance Needs YOU!
Volunteers help us carry out our mission and implement our annual goals. We need YOUR skills for as little or as much time as you have to give us! There are so many opportunities for you to make a difference:
- 5K committee – The 5K (held on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend) is our main fundraiser for the year and our biggest volunteer need for the year. We’re especially excited this year since more money from the 5K means more for our new Small Farmer Small Farm Grant program. From a few hours volunteering on race day to more hours helping to coordinate the entire race (for which there are excellent prior records), there are many ways to help here!
- Writing – Do you love to write? We could use your talents to write articles for our monthly newsletter and articles/press releases for the newspapers and magazines for Foodshed and farmers markets events.
- Social Media – Help us promote and inform people about our farmers. markets, programs, farm tours, Small Farm Grants, Farmer Forums and the 5K.
- Photography – love to take pictures? We’d love to use your photographs of our farmers’ markets, farm tours, programs, events, etc.!
- Small Farm Grant Committee – Since we are giving away money, we need to raise money (!) so folks who are comfortable asking for donations or who can help expand our donor list are especially welcomed. Volunteers can also help find ways to promote the Small Farmer Small Farm Grant.
- Farmer Forums – Held once or twice a year. We chose a topic from those suggested by the farmers and bring the farmers together to learn about it. This may involve bringing in an expert, getting the word out to the farmers and sometimes the public.
- Farmers’ Markets – For Doylestown, just contact us at email@example.com. For Wrightstown go to: https://www.wrightstownfarmersmarket.org/
- Our Board of Directors – Do you love what we do? Please consider joining our board of directors and help us carry out our mission and shape our future. We?d love to talk to you about this.