Bucks County Foodshed Alliance is seeking a motivated and dependable Administrator who is passionate about local food and farms. Bucks County Foodshed Alliance is a sustainability, food and farming related nonprofit in Bucks County. This position is a part-time contracted job.
Administrator – Bucks County Foodshed Alliance, a sustainability, food and farming related non-profit in Bucks County looking for a part-time Administrator (roughly 10 hours per week). In any given week, the job would include publicity (website, newsletter, social media, print & online media relations/news releases & distribution), record-keeping, database building/maintaining, and correspondence with the general public and our supporters.
This job is ever-changing, so the ideal candidate would be a flexible individual. Ability to work from home is a must and you will need to use your own computer. Pay starts at $18/hour. This is a contract service, so no taxes are withheld and no benefits are offered. (1099 issued at year-end.)
- Excellent copy editing, grammar and writing skills, including minute-taking and news writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and set own priorities
- Experience working with web-based email platforms (Mailchimp)
- Proficient in Social Media platforms and marketing/communications
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable editing and adding content to a website platform
- Interested in local food, farmers markets, sustainable farming, or related
- Familiarity with the farms and local food producers in Bucks County and the surrounding areas.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Basic knowledge of HTML
Additional skills to enhance value to organization:
- Experience with WordPress platform
- Able to learn and become competent in new tech platforms
- Marketing experience
- Skilled in graphic design and photo editing
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Results and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication skills
Bucks County Foodshed Alliance is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2021.