There are many places in Bucks County to get local, fresh turkeys and other meat for your holiday table. Here is a list of where you can find directly from the farmer.
Your turkey should be 1 – 1 ½ pounds per person around your holiday table. 14-18 pounds will serve 6-10 people, 18-22 pounds will serve 10-14 people Any leftovers? Make turkey salad sandwiches, open-faced turkey and gravy, turkey tetrazzini and more! Also the bones will make an awesome homemade stock that you can freeze for recipes throughout the year.
Carversville Farm Foundation | website
- Address: 6127 Mechanicsville Road, Mechanicsville, PA 18934
- Phone: 855-228-8085
- Source: Carversville Farm Foundation
- About: Organic turkeys raised outdoors on pasture and organic feed. Heritage breed turkeys take more time to grow than broad breasted turkeys, which in turn, take more time to grow than conventional turkeys.
- Price: $6.50/lb for Organic Broad Breasted; $12/lb for Heritage Breed.
- Sizes: 14-16 lbs; 16-20 lbs
- Order: Call: 855-228-8085, Order online here.
- Pick-up: Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24 from 1 pm-5 pm and Wednesday, November 25 from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Additional Info: These turkeys will cook faster than conventional turkeys due to their meat density; recipes and instructions included. $40 deposit required. Remainder paid at pick-up.
Purely Farm’s Pasture Raised Meats | website
- Address: 1408 Mink Road, Ottsville, PA 18942
- Phone: 215-317-0889
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Purely Farm’s Pasture Raised Meats
- About: Raised, grazed and processed on the farm in small batches. After leaving the brooder, turkeys forage on pasture, ensuring plenty of grass, insects, fresh air and exercise.
- Price: $6.40/lb. (for Whole Turkeys)
- Sizes: Fresh 15-20 lbs. Frozen 22-33 lbs. Half Turkeys and Turkey Pieces also available.
- Order: ASAP online here.
- Pick-up: Hunterdon Land Trust Farmers Market Saturday, 11/22, 9 am – 12 pm. Wrightstown Township Building Tuesday, 11/24 12 – 3 pm. Purely Farm Tuesday, 11/24, 12 – 4 pm. Honey Brook Organic Farm Wednesday, 11/24, 12 – 3 pm.
- Additional Info: Deposit of $50 required. Purely Farms has turkey parts as well as artisanal sausages.
Naturally at Holbein Valley Farm | website
- Address: 4516 Alsace Court, New Tripoli 18066
- Phone: 610-298-2566
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Naturally at Holben Valley Farm
- About: Turkeys and chickens forage on pasture, eating a variety of insects and nutrient dense plants. No growth or growth hormones.
- Sizes: Split in half: 10 – 15 lb each, Whole turkeys – 18 – 25 lbs each, limited # of drumsticks and wings
- Order: ASAP
- Additional Info: Smoked turkey halves (about 7 pounds) Giblets. 100% Pasture raised beef of various cuts available as well.
- Pick up: Wrightstown Farmers Market